How to choose a reputable contractor
In the home improvement industry, reputation is everything. You have countless siding and roofing companies in Akron, OH, to choose from, but you wouldn’t want some of them working on your home! Here’s how to sort out the “good apples” from the bad.
- Solicit referrals from family and friends. A great way to find reliable local siding and roofing companies in Akron, OH, is to talk with others to find out who they’ve used. Talk to family members, friends and neighbors about their experiences and whether or not they would recommend their contractor.
- Do the legwork. If you can’t get referrals from acquaintances you trust, invest time in some online research. If a contractor has been in business for at least three years, you’ll likely be able to find professional affiliations, testimonials and ratings from numerous sources. If a friend has recommended a certain contractor, view his website and research past clients’ feedback before requesting a quote.
- Request quotes from at least three local companies. Obtain written estimates from at least three contractors. In addition to price, note the quality of materials that will be used, the estimated completion date, and whether they can provide references from several past projects.
- Investigate business background. For each contractor you solicit a quote from, find out his full company name, business address and phone number, and verify that they are current. Verify that the business license number is valid, and ask for proof that the contractor carries appropriate liability and workman’s compensation insurances.
- View his work in person. Ask for references from past or current clients with projects similar to yours. Visit these projects in person, and note the quality of workmanship and the level of client satisfaction. Look for clean, well-organized job sites, timely completion and a consistent level of customer satisfaction.
Remember, price should not be the only consideration when choosing from Akron roofing and siding companies. A poor contractor can compensate for a low bid with low-quality materials and subpar workmanship, while the slightly higher charge of a quality contractor might buy you brand-name materials, excellent workmanship and timely service.
Call for a Quote on Roofing or Siding in Akron
For the best products at the best price, the choice is MasterPro Roofing and Exteriors. Let us demonstrate why we’ve earned our excellent reputation. Call us today at (866) 977-3808 for your FREE estimate!